WORK EXPERIENCE at Native ARC
Native ARC is always looking for Work Experience Placements (WEP). As we are open 7 days a week, we need as many people possible to help out with the endless tasks that take place at the Centre. We train all WEP on site and you do not need to have previous experience working with animals. However in order to undertake a WEP you must:
- Be in High School between 14-18 years of age;
- Be studying Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing; or
- Be studying Veterinary Science.
It is important that you download and read all the WEP documents below before responding via email.
Before you make the next step, there are few things you need to be aware of as a WEP at Native ARC is not for everyone. In order to save you time during our selection process we have given you an idea of what is required of our WEP students. Firstly, you must meet all of the requirements outlined in the relevant Job Description Form (JDF) which is available below.
Students undertaking a WEP will need to be covered by the School’s Personal Accident and Public Liability Insurances for the duration of the placement.
If you can meet ALL of the requirements listed in the relevant JDF and would like to pursue your WEP with Native ARC, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents. As we receive hundreds of WEP applications every year, we will not respond to emails that do not have all of the following attachments.
- Expression of Interest Form – completed (including acknowledgement of Code of Conduct);
- Signed Declaration on Page 3 of the JDF;
- Copy of your schools ‘Certificate of Currency’ for Personal Accident and Public Liability; and
- Letter from the School detailing duration/times of placement for insurance coverage.
Please note that until we receive ALL forms your application will not be progressed.
Due to high demand, placements are limited.
Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for placements to be processed however you should receive an email response within 2-3 working days.